Our Studio Policies 21/22
Our Studio Policies 21/22
Sessional Classes Policies and Procedures
Our sessional classes run for 6-8 weeks. At the end of each session, parents will need to re-enroll for the next session.
Open registration for each session begins approximately 4 weeks prior to its start. You may join a class mid-session and tuition will be prorated according to the start date.
- Tuition is due upon registration.
- Sessional classes cannot be prorated for missed classes due to travel, scheduling conflict, or illness.
- After session one, families re-registering for the upcoming session will be given priority registration and receive a 10% discount for the upcoming session.
Early Learners classes are $14/class
Sep./Oct. Session 8-weeks – $112
Nov./Dec. Session 6-weeks – $84
Jan./Feb. Session 8-weeks – $112
Mar./Apr. Session 8-weeks – $112
Sep./Oct. Session September 7 – October 30
Priority enrollment opens: August 2, 2021
Enrollment opens: August 8, 2022
Nov./Dec. Session November 1 – December 18
Priority enrollment opens: September 27, 2021
Enrollment opens: October 4, 2021
Jan./Feb. Session January 3 – February 26
Priority enrollment opens: November 29, 2021
Enrollment opens: December 6, 2021
Mar./Apr. Session February 28 – April 30
Priority enrollment opens: January 24, 2022
Enrollment opens: January 31, 2022
If your child needs to miss a class, please fill out an Absence Form for his/her instructor. If you miss more than two of the final eight classes before Showcase you may be required to schedule a private lesson with your child’s instructor to ensure preparedness.
For students under 5 years old, parents may watch class from inside the studio or wait outside. We trust that as parents, you know what will be most successful for your child and ask that you decide accordingly. Please use your best judgement about whether your presence is supportive or distracting for your child.
- Refund requested 5 business days or more before activity: Fee paid minus $5 service charge.
- Refund requested between 5 business days before the activity and the first week of the session: Fee paid minus initial class fee and $5 service charge.
- Activity canceled by Apex PRD or FCD: 100% refund.
- Refund requested after the first week of the session: No refund
- No refunds will be given in the event that classes must temporarily move to a distance learning platform.
In the case of unexpected illness, accident or other extenuating circumstances, refunds will be issued for the remainder of the session on a case-by-case basis.
Consistent attendance is imperative to the growth and success of your student. We do not offer make-up classes for absences. We encourage you to do your best to ensure your child attends every class with his/her designated group.
In the event that classes are cancelled due to inclement weather, a makeup class will be scheduled.
Dress Code for Dance Classes
As we all continue to navigate this pandemic, our priority is to keep our community healthy and happy. We are doing everything we can to stay up-to-date on best practices by seeking the advice of healthcare professionals on a regular basis. Please note that all of our Covid-19 mitigation procedures are subject to change based on public health guidelines. All FCD instructors are fully vaccinated.
- As of September 7th, 2021 students are strongly encouraged but not required to wear masks.
- Our mask policy is subject to change in the event that there is a change in public health guidelines.
- All parents and visitors are strongly encouraged to wear a mask to enter the studio.
Frequent Hand Hygiene
- Teachers and students must wash and/or sanitize hands before and after each class.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in the entrances and classrooms.
Enhanced Cleaning Procedures
- FCD Studio on McIntyre has a UV air filter running at all times as well as an A/C unit connected to the outdoors.
- All high traffic areas including door handles, barres, restrooms and props are sanitized daily.
Minimized Mixing and Mingling
- To reduce mixing and mingling, punch cards and makeup classes will no longer be available.
- FCD Studio classes are capped at 9 students (6 students for toddler classes) and Apex classes are capped at 12 students.
Illness or Exposure
- If your child has a cough, runny nose, fever or diarrhea, they must stay home until 24 hours have passed since they have exhibited any symptoms.
- If your (unvaccinated) child has been in contact with anyone who tested positive for Covid-19, they must stay home for 14 days and have tested negative for Covid-19.
- If your child tested positive for Covid-19, they must quarantine for 10 days after receiving a positive test result.
- In the event of a positive case, we will move the class with the exposure to virtual for 2 weeks
- All other classes will be notified of the exposure and have the option to attend their classes in-person or virtually.