Our Studio Policies 21/22
Our Studio Policies 21/22
Full Year Programs Payments and Policies
Our full year program is a 32 week dance season consisting of 4 quarters that will culminate in an end of the year performance on May 14th, 2022.
Open registration for each quarter begins approximately 4 weeks prior to its start. Dancers can enroll anytime, even after a quarter has begun! Tuition will be prorated according to the start date. Because our classes are progressive, registration for our full year programs will close on February 15th, 2022.
- Tuition for full year programs is due quarterly
- Tuition for the 1st quarter is due at the time of enrollment.
- Invoices for each quarter will be sent out 4 weeks before the beginning of the new quarter.
- Payment will be due 2 weeks before the start of the next quarter.
- For classes at the Studio on McIntyre, tuition not paid by the start of the quarter will be automatically charged unless a drop form has been submitted.
- For Apex classes, dancers with past due balances will be dropped from the program and forfeit their spot in class.
- Multi-class discount – After the 1st enrollment period, students enrolled in multiple classes will receive a 10% discount on quarterly tuition payments.
Semester begins September 7th and ends May 14th, 2022
- Quarter 1: September 7 – October 30
- Quarter 2: November 1 – December 18
- Quarter 3: January 3 – February 26
- Quarter 4: February 28 – April 30
- Showcase Intensive: May 2 – May 14
- Showcase: May 14th
Classes pricing 21/22
- Showcase fee is $115 per student due February 1st
- Families with more than one child in the showcase pay $30/per additional child
- Students in more than one class will pay an additional $10 for extra costume pieces
- Please note tuition for our Showcase Intensive May 1st- 13th
Showcase fees include the following:
- Dancewear/costume for the performance
- Showcase Venue and associated expenses
- Showcase admission is free for friends and family
Dancers wishing to drop enrollment must fill out the FCD Drop Form a minimum of 2 weeks prior to the start of the next quarter.
We cannot refund tuition for the after the first week of the quarter.
Drop Form Due Dates:
- Quarter 2: October 18
- Quarter 3: December 20
- Quarter 4: February 14
If your child needs to miss a class, please fill out an Absence Form for his/her instructor. If you miss more than two of the final eight classes before Showcase you may be required to schedule a private lesson with your child’s instructor to ensure preparedness.
For students 5 and up, parents are not permitted in the studio during class. This rule is designed with the success of our dancers in mind! We will host a parent observation day for the last 10 minutes of class on the last day of each quarter.
- Refund requested 5 business days or more before start date: Fee paid minus $5 service charge.
- Refund requested between 5 business days before the start date and the first week of the quarter: Fee paid minus initial class fee and $5 service charge.
- Activity canceled by Apex PRD or FCD: 100% refund.
- Refund requested after the first week of the session: No refund
- No refunds will be given in the event that classes must temporarily move to a distance learning platform.
In the case of unexpected illness, accident or other extenuating circumstances, refunds will be issued for the remainder of the session on a case-by-case basis.
Consistent attendance is imperative to the growth and success of your student. We do not offer make-up classes for absences in our full year programs. We encourage you to do your best to ensure your child attends every class with his/her designated group.
In the event that classes are cancelled due to inclement weather, a makeup class will be scheduled.
Dress Code for Dance Classes
As we all continue to navigate this pandemic, our priority is to keep our community healthy and happy. We are doing everything we can to stay up-to-date on best practices by seeking the advice of healthcare professionals on a regular basis. Please note that all of our Covid-19 mitigation procedures are subject to change based on public health guidelines. All FCD instructors are fully vaccinated.
- As of September 7th, 2021 students are strongly encouraged but not required to wear masks.
- Our mask policy is subject to change in the event that there is a change in public health guidelines.
- All parents and visitors are strongly encouraged to wear a mask to enter the studio.
Frequent Hand Hygiene
- Teachers and students must wash and/or sanitize hands before and after each class.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in the entrances and classrooms.
Enhanced Cleaning Procedures
- FCD Studio on McIntyre has a UV air filter running at all times as well as an A/C unit connected to the outdoors.
- All high traffic areas including door handles, barres, restrooms and props are sanitized daily.
Minimized Mixing and Mingling
- To reduce mixing and mingling, punch cards and makeup classes will no longer be available.
- FCD Studio classes are capped at 9 students (6 students for toddler classes) and Apex classes are capped at 12 students.
Illness or Exposure
- If your child has a cough, runny nose, fever or diarrhea, they must stay home until 24 hours have passed since they have exhibited any symptoms.
- If your (unvaccinated) child has been in contact with anyone who tested positive for Covid-19, they must stay home for 14 days and have tested negative for Covid-19.
- If your child tested positive for Covid-19, they must quarantine for 10 days after receiving a positive test result.
- In the event of a positive case, we will move the class with the exposure to virtual for 2 weeks
- All other classes will be notified of the exposure and have the option to attend their classes in-person or virtually.